eight PFT-related lecture courses have been established:
new basic introductory course ("Accidental explosions in the process
industries"), comprising combustion and ignition of gases, mists/sprays,
dusts, and explosives, corresponding selections of case stories of actual
accidental explosions, means of preventing and mitigating accidental
explosions, hazardous area classification, and requirements to electrical
equipment started in the autumn of 2005. Eckhoff's new book (see below), which
appeared in 2005, is the basis of the course (Eckhoff).
2. Basic course in combustion and turbulence
3. Basic course in gas explosions in onshore
and offshore process industries (Arntzen)
4. Basic course in prevention/mitigation of
dust explosions in the process industries (Eckhoff).
5. Basic course in gas dispersion processes
6. Advanced course on selected aspects of dust
explosions in the process industries. (Eckhoff).
7. Basic course in safety and risk analysis
(run by Det norske Veritas in co-operation with UoB).
8. Basic general course in health,
environmental issues and safety at large (run by Det norske Veritas)
I mastergraden inngår tre obligatoriske fag; PTEK250, PTEK251 og PTEK252
De tre andre fagene kan velges relativt fritt blant 200 og 300 emner (man kan søke om å ha et 100 emne)
Vi kan også anbefale emner som:
PTEK204 CFD for prosessteknologi
GEOF121 Anvendt mikro meterologi (for gass spredning)